Milled guitar bridge - TechShop on the occasion



I will show in this instructable you how the bridge base for my carbon fiber acoustic guitar, with the ShopBot CNC machine and software available at TechShop made. I designed the bridge bridge of Munger is based on the signature guitars, with some minor changes. I copied the bridge slot and pinhole camera layout by another student in my workshop.  I've included that.STL 3D model mean bridge, as well as a 2D tracing the shape on the photos.

You don't need access to a CNC machine anyway, to make a beautiful bridge. I make many discussions to bridge with hand tools online and traditional routers. There are also many good books, the detailing of the traditional process of building a guitar, including bridges. Your own acoustic guitar - by Jonathan Kinkead building a book that I at my local library found, helped understand me, and was installing the bridge.

Before I get started, I would like to say that I not experienced luthier (stringed instrument). I tried my best, to do my own research, but only time will tell whether I was successful. If you decide to make your own guitar, please do your own research with professional guides. There are amateur luthier communities online, as well as good books, like I have mentioned above. ShopBot buddy with 1/8 "ball EndmillAutodesk InventorVectric cut 3D. Cocobolo bridge is empty. Each piece can be hardwood, 16.5 cm X 3.8 cm X 11,1 cm.Knochen SaddleEbony measuring pins me double sided carpet tape

View the original article here