CNC submitted a fingerboard - TechShop on the occasion



This is the fretboard I have for my carbon fiber acoustic guitar project, part of a special event at TechShop. The fretboard is ebony with Maple, and it was on the ShopBot CNC machines at TechShop cut. The vertebrae are located in the national brands are usually placed. The first picture is the finished inlay, and the second image is the cut pieces available, which are glued together. I kept the design simple this time as it was my first time trying, inlay - but I plan to play more with him in the future.

The method to which the deposit is to create standard with Vectric V-carve Pro CAM software. Here I will show how I to make the method my deposit, but a more detailed step for-step description, see this article on the website of Vectric applied. On the last picture also see a different deposit over the first - the name of the guitar "WindSong" - you that through any other method description here is inserted.


Before I get started, I would like to say that I not experienced luthier (stringed instrument). I tried my best, to do my own research, and follow the plans for my guitar design, but only time will tell whether I was successful. If you decide to make your own guitar, please do your own research with professional guides. There are several amateur luthier communities online, and good books. I personally build your own acoustic guitar - by Jonathan Kinkead, found at my local library.
 


View the original article here